Honey Bucket Costume
Did you get roped into going to a last-minute Halloween party? Or maybe you’ve just been waiting for that perfect costume idea. Here’s a quick and easy costume that will definitely turn some heads and not take much time at all to make and you can do it for under $20!
TOTAL TIME: Two Hours
- (1) 5’x7’ tarp – silver
- Hot glue gun
- Scissors or box cutter
- Cardboard box
- Duct tape – silver and white (or clear)
- Plastic bottle
- Honey Bucket stickers (3)
- Elastic strap
- Foam board
2. Lay your reconstructed box on top of the tarp and begin to fold the edge of the tarp over to the inside of the box. Tape each edge as you go until the outside has been completely wrapped. Cut off the excess tarp material and secure with a strip of tape spanning the length of the box.
3. Decorate the front of your Honey Bucket to look like a door. Add a green painted semi-circle and finish it off with a few official Honey Bucket door decals found at honeybucket.com (Use coupon code TRICKORTREAT to get FREE Honey Bucket stickers for your costume. Be sure to place your order by 10/24/16 to ensure your stickers will arrive on time).
4. To add shoulder straps so you can wear your costume, simply place two pieces of duct tape together for each strap and attach in place at the front and back of the box using a few more strips of tape.
Part 2 – ROOF
1. Lay out your foam board and mark the fold lines for your roof. Use the box cutter to score the foam board so you can fold it. Caution: Do not cut all the way through the board.
2. Continue scoring and folding the roof line until you have all the angles needed to create the roof. (See photos)
3. Use clear or white tape to set the roof angles in place. We decided to tape the entire roof to give it a more uniform look.
4. Cut two small hole on either side of where your head will go and string the elastic band through to make a chin strap.
5. To finish your Honey Bucket, cut the top and bottom of your plastic bottle and wrap it in grey duct tape to create your air vent. Attach to the roof using clear or white tape.
That’s it! You’ve created a unique costume, positioned yourself comfortably to win first prize at every costume contest you wander into, and managed not to break the bank.
Click here for your FREE Honey Bucket costume stickers.
Use the code TRICKORTREAT to receive discount